Tuesday, February 8, 2011

We're getting saucy with The Sauce Kitchen...

I am always grumbling that I don't have enough hours in the day to do what I want.  This is mostly directed at my love of cooking as by the time I've done the housework, written a few articles and got the kids sorted, I have no more energy to start preparing dinner from scratch.  

I worry about buying sauces off the shelf as I think they have too many artificial ingredients in them and whilst I understand the use of them for speedy cooking, I have found a better, more nutritional and TOTALLY natural alternative to fill your freezers up!

Welcome to The Sauce Kitchen founded by Patrick and Kate Limpus and Sarah Moore who set about trying to find a better alternative for our meals by experimenting with totally natural ingredients to create the perfect dish with.  As a mother, Kate Limpus wanted the sauces to only contain ingredients that you could find in the kitchen at home.  The sauces are frozen into individual portions which makes for absolutely no waste at all so you ensure the (very little) money you spend on these sauces, you use every penny of it up!

The boxes come in handy sizes to fit in the freezer and if you doubt my boast of no artificial ingredients, just take a look at the side of the box and see for yourselves.  They also have handy tips on using the sauces so you hardly have to think about what you're going to cook, they do it all for you!!  Their brilliant new website The Sauce Kitchen is complete with recipes, top tips and so much more! I absolutely urge you to have a look to get more ideas of how you can save time and money when it comes to making meals for individuals, couples and families!!

The sauces are named after family members and also friends.  My personal favourite is Libby's Lovely Tomato and Oregano.  The subtle hint of oregano with a deliciously rich tomato sauce reminds me of when my parents used to make pasta for us as children. 

You can find Libby's Lovely Tomato and Oregano and check out all the other tantalising varieties on the website or at Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Ocado at fabulously low prices. 

To celebrate these fabulous new frozen sauces, The Sauce Kitchen and The New Ice Age have given me 3, yes 3! prizes to give away.  You can win 4 boxes of your choice of sauces to cook delicious and nutritious meals with at home and there's no rush to use them as they will keep nicely in the freezer!



All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is the following:

  1. Follow Momma Leila's Blog
  2. Follow @SauceKitchen and @TheNewIceAge on Twitter
  3. Comment below that you have done the above with your Twitter ID please
And for an extra entry tweet the following!

I've entered to WIN delicious sauces from @SauceKitchen with #MommaLeila & @TheNewIceAge http://bit.ly/gf8KbU #competition

 The competition closes Friday 25th February at 4pm and winners will be announced shortly after!  To help you with your choice of sauces, I will be putting up a few short reviews of some of my favourite sauces to tempt you over the next few days!  Happy tweeting and GOOD LUCK!!

********************************************************************
The Sauce Kitchen is also founder of  No Waste Please, We Are British where you can find even MORE information on the fight to bring order to British Kitchens and to make sure we are using every bit of the food we find in the best possible way.  Why not have a look to see how you can help your purse and help reduce waste.
********************************************************************




32 comments:

Anonymous said...

have tweeted and followed @dancer2712

shell21_m said...

Already following @SauceKitchen and @TheNewIceAge on Twitter via @shell21m, also following this blog & about to re-tweet the msg from here :)

Lindy Hine said...

Have followed Momma Leila's blog, and followed @Sauce Kitchen and @The NewIceAge on Twitter and tweeted the message. My twitter name is @LindyHine.
The sauces sound delicious and very convenient!

Anonymous said...

tweeted and followed!!!

@freyamae1

Hannah said...

Oooo yum.

I'm following your blog (already was...:P)

Following both on Twitter and have just retweeted :)

Hannah (metalmummy84) xx

Erica Hughes said...

Following the blog. Following both on twitter and tweeted too. @ericahughes

Anonymous said...

Following the blog
Following both on twitter and retweeted too

@steviey

CHOCOAJ said...

Hi, i am following your blog.

Following @Sauce Kitchen and @The NewIceAge on Twitter and tweeted the message.

My twitter name is @CHOCOAJ

multiplemummy said...

Hello,

I am follwoing your blog, have tweeted and following @sauce kitchen, and @The NewIceAge. My twitter name is @MultipleMummy

x

Anonymous said...

Was alreasy following @mommaleile and am now following @sausekitchen & @thenewiceage

Thanks

@LisaWatsonFaye

Anonymous said...

Am following you and @ThNewIceAge and @SauceKitchen on Twitter. I am @KateCollings from www.katecollings.blogspot.com (you know me anyway hun) Fingers crossed good luck to all xx

Unknown said...

Hi Leila
Following & retweeted
Thanks & crossing fingers & toes
Andi :)

Sue said...

Following blog :)

Anonymous said...

tweeting and following,@emmajane30
your sauces look very yummy

jasmine said...

Have tweeted @miskite

legs21 said...

have tweeted and followed @emmacella

Faridah said...

Done everything and tweeted @FlorrieFloyd.Thanks - the sauces look lovely.

Liz Burton said...

Lovely! I've done everything and tweeted @missielizzieb x

gidders1 said...

Would love to try, have done all tge following. Have tweeted too! Amanda x gidders1 twitter

Anonymous said...

Your sauces sound fabulous, cant wait to try them Mmmm! Yummy! @deeblythe

Yvonne said...

Following your blog, following both accounts on Twitter and have tweeted the competition message - @MySonsSpongeMad

Unknown said...

I`ve followed Momma Leila's Blog and I`ve follow @SauceKitchen on twitter I already follow the @TheNewIceAge

I`ve tweeted too @relisys222

Lasata said...

have joined and tweeted @lasata14039

xxxxx

Karen Foster said...

I've tweeted & followed too. x

@Kayfoz

emily13 said...

Done! @emilyh13 thanks :)

Jane Haselden said...

Followed @SauceKitchen and @TheNewIceAge on Twitter via @Jane_is_me and retweeted

Holly Button said...

Hello! First time I've come across your blog. am following now and am about to tweet too!

Unknown said...

I am following them both @mum2alesha and also your blog :)

Morrighani said...

Following all and tweeted! Thanks!
@Morrighani

Michelle Murray said...

have tweeted @coffeebean2002 xxx

Laura Weight said...

following and tweeting now :) xx

Claire said...

Am following this blog, all on twitter & have tweeted the comp & link. Cx