Thursday, January 13, 2011

Does size matter? Part 1 of my Maclaren Journey...

My son is only two years old but he is built like a warrior of stocky proportions.  He is quite tall (or long, whichever you want to call it) and broad shouldered, so much so that I have to buy him size 3-4 tops!!

He has, as you would imagine, outgrown the pram and the buggy we had.  So on my travels for a new buggy, I asked the lovely Maclaren Baby UK (http://www.twitter.com/MaclarenBabyUK) for a recommendation on a wider buggy that he could be comfortable in.

Hence the arrival of a Maclaren Quest Zodiac buggy on my doorstep two days ago!!  This is typical of Maclaren style, lightweight, solid and nothing to faff with! You take it out of the box and voila! You can use it right away!  It is every mother's dream!


The Zodiac is a lovely navy blue colour with a silver constellation pattern inside the hood and stars on the chair and it also comes with a comfort pack (headrest and shoulder pads) that is tailored to your child's starsign so we have the ever fierce scorpio on ours!

What had worried me was of course how it would be when Mikey was sat in the buggy.  Would he be squashed (his shoulders mainly) and would his legs be hanging midair off the seat.  My prayers have been answered.  The chair of the buggy is nice and wide providing comfort for my lad to fit in quite easy even with a winter coat on.  The back is very sturdy with four reclining positions which keeps your child's back nice and straight whether sat up or lying down. (Some buggies do not provide enough support I have found in the past).  The seat also can be adjusted to give comfort to the calves so legs are not hanging over awkwardly.

The fantastic thing about the Maclaren Quest is that it is definitely usable for many situations.  It is in my opinion a rock solid buggy that you can take anywhere.  As far as size which was my biggest worry, it absolutely fits the bill for my son and I could not have asked for a better buggy!!

Part Two coming soon....

2 comments:

Antonia said...

Sounds like he's built on the same scale as my DS!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like The Boy. Plenty of growing room too? Looking forward to my delivery next week.